Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Dangers of Human Nature

I was getting my haircut on Wednesday and I realized something. Human Nature is our greatest enemy! I was sitting in the chair thinking how horribly unblessed I was to have straight brown hair when what I really wanted was red curly hair when the lady next to me came in for her appointment. She proceeded to tell us that this was her first haircut since she got Leukemia! Her hair had finally grown back and she was so thankful that she had enough to get it styled. WOW!!! Why is it that with human nature we automatically think unsatisfactory thoughts? Why is it so difficult to be happy with what we have? After that story, my effort this year is to be happy with whatever I have and work hard for the things I don't.



Juli is such a blessing to me! He went out and got me......MY BOOKCASE!!!!!!!!!! I have been wanting one of these for the longest time and was so excited when they had them on sale!!!! NOW to fill it up (to be fair I have three boxes of books left to put on it, but I am saving those for when we move :))
My Christmas preset finally came in the mail and I am so in love! Rocky is too!!!! Oh and I found a matching lamp at Target for 20 bucks!!! Have I mentioned how much I love Target?

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing the prespective we get smacked in the face with somedays! Awesome goal to learn to be content with what we have and who we are! Great thing for EVERYONE to work on!

    and LOVE your bookcase, vanity and light. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Do I! You have an impressive book collection as well. =)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you. Shout out, type, or use the unimind...but make your mark!