Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Animals have feelings too....

There are a few things in life that get me truly fired up! Animal abuse is one of them! Most of you know that I am an animal welfare activist. Now don't get me confused with an animal RIGHTS activist. I don't believe that animals should be treated better than people or anything like that, but why pray tell do people think that, because we are the dominant mammal on the planet, we can hurt animals for fun and entertainment? Do animals have a voice to tell you that why they did something? Do they understand the consequences of their actions? No! They are not stupid either, but we as people have a responsibility to treat every living creature with proper respect. I am not a vegetarian by any means and I believe that God gave us animals to sustain us in life. BUT I do not believe that an animal has to grow up in inhumane conditions and be killed in the most gruesome way possible either. I do not wear leather because I do not agree with the way they kill the cows, I do not eat at KFC because I HATE the way they raise their chickens and kill them in a horrible manner, I DO NOT under any circumstances go to the circus! Why? Because I feel a moral obligation to show my disapproval! Yes I am just one person, no it probably wont make a difference...but to me I can KNOW that I did not condone behavior by indulging in the byproducts of abuse! *end rant*



On a more positive note, I have lost 6lbs since going to the gym and already feel healthier! I am really enjoying swimming almost daily and can feel a difference in my clothes!!!!!

I have also decided to take the plunge and go to grooming school! Very nervous and very excited all at the same time!!!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Ooh Congrats on the Weight! Great Job! And good for you for taking on that new school adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could go on and on and on about the way the world treats "those lower than us". I can't understand why more people don't see it that way or just blind themselves from what goes on. grrrrrrrrrr =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with ya on the animals. I'm such an animal lover. They are so precious! I, too, boycott the circus. Greg totally agrees. We will not be taking any children there either. We do not mind taking them to the zoo instead to learn about animals and their conservation. I truly wish I could do more for animals, but I can do my part. :)
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you. Shout out, type, or use the unimind...but make your mark!