Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Three Sons

Each one of my "Boys" is special to me. I love them like sons. Circumstances being what they are, children wise, the really ARE my sons!
Rocky. my chunk of LARD, will ALWAYS be my first cat! I grew up a dog person, so the notion of feline pets was foreign. Juli grew up a cat person. Since we have an apartment, a cat was the only option. When we got him, my heart melted. He was still on milk and I stayed up ALL NIGHT with him making sure he didn't get lost in anything. He is my rough, tough, closeted mama's boy. He HAS to snuggle when he wakes up and sleeps between Juli and I for at least an hour a night!

Parker....where to begin with him? He is my hippie-I-love-everything cat! He is the sterotype kitty! He purrs at EVERYTHING. He scares easily, hacks up hairballs, and sleeps in the weirdest places. We got Parker shortly after our stillborn. I NEEDED him and he needed me. When we got Parker he had a terrible flea infestation, worms, and ear mites. What a project he was! What a joy he is!
Last, but not least, Neville! MY hamster! I NEVER< EVER< thought I would get ANY type of "small animal" pet. But I was at work early one morning and was just looking at the Robo dwarf hamsters and out of all the ones that were asleep, Neville came right up to the glass. Guess who came home with me?!?!?!? He is one of the best pets I have ever had. He is adorable, silent, doesn't eat much, and provides HOURS of entertainment for the cats! (And us!!) I love how he is a little fluff ball when he is curled up asleep!



Who knows what type of pets we may have in the future, but I NEEDED the ones we have now!


Thankful Thought #2 I am thankful for the opportunity to have animals that bring joy, comfort, and love to our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you. Shout out, type, or use the unimind...but make your mark!