Friday, October 23, 2009

Proud to be an American

Truly this is one of our greatest accomplishments this year. After thousands of dollars, 21 years and more paperwork than imaginable, my husband is now an American citizen!!! I am so proud of him! He has wanted this for so long! He always says he is American born in a Spanish country since he came when he was little. He doesn't even have an accent and barely even speaks Spanish LOL!!! It was an amazing sight to see so many people with a desire to become citizens! I truly had teary eyes the whole ceremony!!! Since pictures were limited, there are only a few. But they are the first of Julio, an American citizen!


Tomorrow I work my first closing shift, 12:30-9 and I am actually looking forward to it. I have gotten to sleep in for the past two days and I fear I am getting too used to it LOL! Work is going very well though!

Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful. I bet that was amazing to see that ceremony!

    And Whooo Hooo about sleeping in! Ahhh that sounds wonderful! Have fun at work! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS to Julio!! What a wonderful time for the both of you!
    Have fun closing at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I'll bet it is great not having to deal with immigration ever again! Welcome permanently to America!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you. Shout out, type, or use the unimind...but make your mark!