Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Part One

Well we are back. What a sweet time we had!! There are just too many pictures to put in one sitting (you will thank me later =P) so I have split it into two or more posts. To start the trip off to a lovely start, Julio locked his keys in the trunk and it took one insurance call and 35 mins later to get them out. Needless to say a spare key is definitely on the list of things to get now!!!

We left at around 4 pm and got to Maine in about 9 hours!!! Not bad timing if I say so myself!! A little back track, Julio's swearing in ceremony AND journeyman test were both scheduled while we were to be away doesn't that figure, so we had to reschedule both!

On to the trip pictures......

Blog buddies just HAD to get this one!!!!!!! Please feel free to enjoy Jen's blog! I assure you it will be a blessing to you!
What a wonderful lady she is! I grew up under her father as our Pastor and I can not think of anyone more suited for the ladies of Victory than this woman right here. She always has a sweet caring spirit, and is just crazy enough to be able to belong =P I wish I had been able to spend more time with her but the schedule was busy to no end! Rachel is such a beautiful young lady already and more power to her for putting up with those brothers of hers xD

These girls hold such a special place in my heart. Connie Jean (the little girl with the glasses) was a LONG awaited baby!! She was the result of much prayer from many people (so are all of the Cushman babies..but you know what I mean). That little baby had my heart from day one! I would babysit her quite often, helped her take some of her first steps, was there when she said some of her first words, and had a big hand in molding her into the Patriots fan she is today. I have missed her so much and I enjoyed having her hold my hand every moment I was near. And what a riot Leann is!!!! That girl is such a perfectionist already and is so mature!!!! What a cutie they both are!!!

This is three generations of women in our family. My grandmother and I always had a great relationship and I was so excited to see her!!!! Doesn't she still look gorgeous after all these years?!?!?!?
Sadie is my sister's dog (whom I ended up bathing while I was there)!! She is such a big part of our family no matter how much my dad tries to deny it. I was able to get pictures of my Izzy and say my goodbyes, but more on that much later.

The infamous Lobstah. There was no way my husband was gonna drive all the way up there and back and not eat his weight in lobster..I don't think he made it THAT much...not that you are fat...okay gonna stop now!!!!!
Ahhhhhhhhhhh two very important women in my life. Nicole and her mom Donna. I love them with all my heart. Nicole whether she knew it or not, was such a great rock in my life. No matter what she went through she always had a great attitude. Still does. And I know that is all because of the wonderful mother she has. We went down memory lane while we were there and boy....we were weird!!!! But we had such a great time! I was so lucky to be able to see them!!!

THIS is the famous spot where I broke my knee. Yes I was cheating..yes I got what I deserved..moving on LOL!!!



We were lucky enough to time our trip around so many things. One of which was the beautiful foliage in New England. Fall is one of the greatest seasons up there and as you can see, the beauty is breathtaking!
Julio and my dad went apple picking on the way home from one of their excursions and they were the biggest apples I have ever seen!!! My sister only needed two and a half to make two pies!!!!!!!!

Much more to come later! Whew!!!! What a long post!

Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Sooo fun!! Sounds like a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the pics and all your comments. You make great reading as I feel you're sitting here talking. Have always enjoyed your sense of humor! Am eagerly anticipating part 2!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you. Shout out, type, or use the unimind...but make your mark!