Monday, July 20, 2009

All-New Hints from Heloise

Years ago, my dad brought home a box full of books. My dad is the yard sale king and anyone who knows him understands he is always on the lookout for the next great steal! Well he ALWAYS brought me home books and this time was no different. I pawed my way through ( I still get a thrill out going through "Boxes of Books" at bookstores and such) and came up with a great little treasure. It was my very first Hint from Heloise book. I wish I could find it. I think it got lost in the shuffle from Maine to Indiana or Indy to MD one of those times, such a shame. Anyways, I poured over that book. I found all kinds of helpful little tidbits that egged my domestic loving self on.

Yesterday I bought the "newest" edition, and I say newest because it was written back in '89 but was re released in '04. I already have found so many helpful, time-saving tricks.

The one I am going to try this week is the "Menu Box". I am stickler for planning the weeks meals before shopping because I find that no matter how many times I try, I always forget something or come up one meal short, things like that. Well Heloise suggest making a menu box. Write down each meal (main course, side dishes, desserts) on a 3x5 card. Then put all the ingredients on the back. Then at the beginning of each week, just pull out as many meal cards as you need. Now some of you ladies may already have been doing this, but I think this is just such niffty little idea and I can't wait to start my new project!

Oh and so far diet day one is going great. Accountability has always been my key to success so I weighed myself today and I am at 179. Now I will have to kill each and every one of you, but at least I am being honest with myself and others. My goal is to ultimately get back to 130 by October, 150 by the beginning of Sept. So here goes! My water intake is going great (I am getting rich on Mandy Moola *wink*) and Julio and I are already planning our workout for the day!

Happy Monday everyone!

Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Great for you Mandy! And I was LOLing at the kill you comment! Hilarious! That is how I feel when I say my weight! Keep up the great work!

    And cool tip about the menu box!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you. Shout out, type, or use the unimind...but make your mark!