Friday, July 31, 2009

National Harbor in D.C.


We started our evening at the National Harbor at a new restaurant called Ketchup. It is famous for its...wait for it..wait for it...KETCHUP! They have six signature ketchups: original, maple, garlic and herb, chipotle, ranch, and kickin. They serve them with a threesome of homemade fries. Garlic Parmesan, sweet potato, and Old Bay seasoning (a famous MD crab seasoning) fries. The sweet potato fries tasted best in the maple ketchup. I have officially found my new favortie eatary!!!!
This was such unusual art. They made it look like a giant was coming up from the sand. Odd, but kinda cool.


These were around the harbor. I took so many pictures that it was difficult to narrow it down!





My husband planned such a special date for no special reason! Those, to me, are the most romantic dates because you aren't expecting it. We found a new place to go to and enjoyed the Potomac River very much.

Tennis tomorrow! Hopefully we will be better than last week!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Soooooo fun! Those are the best days! Ketchup Sounds sooo fun! I love different places like that! Im surprised Kendra hasnt been! ha ha! Have fun today!! Oh and such pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ketchup! That just sounds like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That statue is the Awakening, it used to be in Hains Point, East Potomac Park in DC. Isn't it cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is cool. I remember reading when they moved it to the harbor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy,

    My name is Dhvani. I own the Aromi d'Italia Cafe at NH. Next time you are here, please stop in for gelato (italian ice cream).

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you. Shout out, type, or use the unimind...but make your mark!