Sunday, August 23, 2009

Blessings For Friends!

We are lucky to have great friends. We truly are blessed in that department. Yesterday we learned that one of our friends, who had applied to Extreme Home Makeover, had been accepted!!!

Tripp Family



This past week has been a HUGE adjustment. Being a SAHW for a long time, going into the work field has taught me that balance is even more important. It just so happened that my second work week will coincide with Day 1 of the 30 day Husband Encouragement Challenge. I love doing this and do it over and over again! (Please note it is not KJV but you can insert the proper verses at the beginning)

Day One:
"The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life." Prov. 31:11-12
To refresh your memory...here's the 30-Day Encouragement Challenge...for the next 30
days:
* You can't say anything negative about your husband ...to your husband...or to anyone
else, about your husband.
* Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband...to your
husband...and to someone else, about your husband!
To help you get started, have you ever thanked your husband for "choosing you" above
all other women? He found you attractive as a person, and appreciated you. Though
many circumstances in your marriage may have changed, let your husband know that
you are glad God led you together, and that you want to be a blessing to him for the rest
of your marriage. Let him know that he can trust you to be in his corner.
One of the best opportunities to express your gratitude is first thing in the morning. How
do you greet your husband each morning? Is he confident in your love? Give him a
"wake up call" that he'll never forget-a big "I love you" and an "I'm so glad I'm your wife!"


When I first did this (Marisa I will be forever thankful for you posting that link), I thought that I didn't need this. I don't say anything bad about my husband and I love him so much already. I learned that you can ALWAYS appreciate your husband MORE!!! Plus, later on in the challenge, there are things that you necessarily wouldn't do on a normal basis. It makes you constantly aware of how you treat your husband and others. I hope that this will be as much of a blessing to you (and your husbands) as it was to me! Have fun!!!!
Photobucket
Mandy

2 comments:

  1. I love that challenge too!! I think soo many people think those marriage material is for if you are in trouble and need help... which I know they are great for that but I think they are awesome even if you have the best marriage out there! Jason and I are super close and have a wonderful marriage and when I do those challenges or read a marriage book Im always amazed at how much I get out of them! ALWAYS great to be reminded of all those little things that really add up to big things! Okay gonna have to go Kiss my man now and tell him how much I appreciate him! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for your friends to be featured on the show. I'll have to watch for that episode. :) Good luck on the challenge. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you. Shout out, type, or use the unimind...but make your mark!